How To Decide If You Should Remodel or Build?August 10th, 2015 | by Allen Ream | Posted in General | #BUILD, #CUSTOM HOME, #DESIGN, #ENERGY, #FINE DETAILS, #GREEN, #MONTANA, #PERFORMANCE, #REMODEL
“We require from buildings two kinds of goodness: first, the doing their practical duty well: then that they be graceful and pleasing in doing it.” – John Ruskin (1819 to 1901)
Making the decision to build new or remodel your current house can be a very difficult decision. When deciding to remodel or build one must first answer these questions:
1. How much money do I have to spend?
2. Do I want the same house but with an add on or a change in the plan and layout of the house?
3. Do I want to live somewhere else?
4. What will make me most happy?
5. What will cost more for what I want done? A remodel or a new build?
6. Do I want to keep my current house or would I like a new custom home?
When thinking about remodeling or building a wise thing to do is to think about is my house doing its practical duty and does it make me happy and look nice? When deciding to remodel or build it can be helpful to speak with an expert in the field and find what the builder feels is the best choice for helping you feel happy in your home, whether it be your newly remodeled home or your custom home. Montana Heritage Home Builders has a design team which works with the remodel team and build team to help you figure out what the best option for you is- remodeling or building.
Unique Dome Remodel